Sunday, April 15, 2012

Apples Work Magic on Bad Cholesterol - Life Extension Daily News

Apples are an all-American success story-each ...
Apples are an all-American success story-each of us eats more than 19 pounds of them annually. Français : Les pommes sont célèbres en Amérique pour une alimentation équilibrée (8,6 kg annuellement).
 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Growing up we were told that "an apple a day, keeps the doctor away!". Turns out that this advice is actually pretty good! I always make sure that I have apples on hand and I find that they keep really well in the fridge. I eat them raw, and also add them to my breakfast smoothie! 


My favorite apples are Fuji apples they are crunchy and sweet with just a bit or tartness! I also like Gala, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, and Ambrosia apples. I avoid "Red Delicious" and "Green Delicious" apples like the plague! I am very suspicious of any thing with a generic name.


I think of apples the way I think of wine grapes -- the different varietals. If they are organic, they are even better! 


In the Summer and Fall, I have my fill of apples. When we lived in Sacramento, my sister and I had an annual pre-Thanksgiving ritual where we traveled to "Apple Valley" off Highway 50 to Lake Tahoe to visit the apple barnyards to savor samples of different apples, apple butter, apple fritters, apple sauce, apple pie, and apple cider! I still miss that ritual!


So wherever, you live -- try to work some apples into your diet! It is good for you!


Source -- click to read more:


Apples Work Magic on Bad Cholesterol - Life Extension Daily News

Disclaimer: The statements regarding the nutritional and medicinal properties of the various foods have not  been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These items are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your own physician for guidance regarding your health and nutrition.











Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please feel free to leave a comment, and do visit often and share the link to the blog!